How much do we know about the Fast-moving-consumer-goods industry?
Undeniably successful industry for decades
According to McKinsey, by 2010, the FMCG industry had created 23 of the world’s top 100 brands and had grown total return to shareholders almost 15 percent a year for 45 years—performance second only to the materials industry.
Major types of FMCG = products that “can be sold quickly”
Did you know that the major and most sought-after types of consumer goods include: Home and personal care, Food & Beverage, Tobacco and Alcoholic drinks?
Companies we live with everyday
Revenues of the FMCG sector reached US$ 52.8 billion in FY18 and are estimated to reach US$ 103.7 billion in 2020. A couple of major popular brands to name are Nestle AG, PepsiCo or Resco’s loyal customers for years, Kraft Heinz, Procter & Gamble and Danone.
Customer satisfaction vs. Customer safety
As FMCG manufacturers strive to meet the ever-more-rigorous requirements of consumers, retailers and authorities, they are investing in technologies that will ensure 100% customer satisfaction.
And even though, todays companies do their utmost to make customer happy when introducing new product lines, they often underestimate customer safety. What does it mean? Ultimately, it all comes down to protecting the consumers and protecting your brand and products. Sheer safety and high-quality standards across an entire organization is the alpha and omega of a healthy FMCG company.
Inspection systems to transform retail execution for field & merchandising teams
This is where advanced inspection business systems that will check, detect and quickly solve any (even potential) issues for the industry come to play.
Considering FMCG’s enormous scale, modern inspection tools play a crucial role in its production processes – because both speed and accuracy are extremely important. Each industry has its ways and specifics when performing inspections. One thing they have in common though, is that they can all streamline company workflow with mobility.
Why mobilizing inspection processes in FMCG matters
Running an FMCG company requires a high-quality on-site job performed by teams of field workers at the actual retail stores. Why mobilize in the first place?
Optimized store inspection processes
- Enable field teams to influence and engage with retailers through an inspections app with your company branding
- Plan, execute and analyze your consumer goods merchandising activities
- Achieve more qualitative store visits and better follow-up
- Calculate the duration of your retail store visit based on your check-in and check-out time
- Manage reward programs
Smart data management & analytics
- Work from anywhere, even offline, with all your data available – create and execute audits, surveys, checklists, assessments, questionnaires, and more
- Collect data in any form – snap pictures of potential damage, edit them on spot
- Collect consistent data, standardize operations, send reports, identify failed areas and get problems resolved
- Analyzed data can be a unique asset to generate value by better targeted product development, pricing, promotions, and marketing
- Analytics can help inspectors make sense of data on the move and enable engaging sales-oriented conversation with retailers
- Check the KPI metrics and provide insights to help raise safety and quality standards across an organization
Time & productivity
- Have information about stores, promotions and purchases at your fingertips
- Enhance in-store merchandising
- Use live route planner & better plan customer visits
- Shorten the time spent on retail audits and inspections while optimizing the opportunities to improve brand compliance
- Maintain contact with retailers between field visits
Focused on the customer
- Determine the importance of your customers
- Give your customers a “Perfect Store Score”
- Create & use tailored templates per visit type, per customer, user profile, …
Here is a couple of example areas where an app for inspectors in FMCG comes in handy:
- Vending machine tracking
- Field service & market research
- Mystery shopping
- Field surveys
- Quality control
- Compliance management
- Stand/display management
- Receiving & shipping inspections
- & many more
Resco Partners have already introduced FMCG solutions to their Inspection customers:
In 2018, Resco introduced a new product called Resco Inspections that lets customers execute the whole inspection process from A to Z within one solution. Resco Inspections helps FMCG or any other types of companies optimize their workflows when it comes to – not only executing, but also creating the entire inspection workflow. Up to this date, this four-part solution incorporating the Designer, Scheduler, Inspector and Analyst tools has been receiving a lot of attention and positive feedback from our partners. They have been able to create their own branded products – evolving from Resco Inspections and combining them also with other 3rd party systems.
To name a few, Cloud Innovation introduced a powerful accelerator called CPG 360, a vertical solution which allows for very agile project-based implementations at FMCG and similar companies. This cloud solution largely based on Resco and Salesforce technology gives field reps instant offline access to information about stores, promotions and purchases.
Yet another solution that evolved from Resco Inspections was brought to market by our partner Avento. Its FMCG 365 platform aims to help organizations to master daily FMCG activities. FMCG 365 integrates seamlessly with Microsoft Dynamics 365 and Salesforce.
Discover the Inspections solution
Visit our website and get a free 30-day trial with unlimited functionality to see what it can do for you. If you prefer to see it in action first-hand, ask for a live demo and contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.