There might occur situations when you want to quickly check how a Microsoft Dynamics 365/CRM record looks in your Resco app.
For example, if a field worker doesn’t see the address of an account in his app and reports the issue, the system administrator can open that account instantly in Resco – directly from his Dynamics instance, to verify if he has the same issue.
So how can you view records from your Dynamics environment in Resco without switching between devices, apps, and even without any additional search or clicks?
The following instructions describe how to add a button to the Account entity form in Dynamics 365/CRM that opens the same record in your desktop Resco app (must be installed and configured to sync with your Dynamics organization). However, you can also add this button to any other Dynamics 365/CRM form of an entity that is synchronized to your Resco app.
1. In Dynamics 365/CRM, create and publish a new HTML web resource with the following script for a simple button that dynamically opens the corresponding Account record in Resco app:
2. Still in your Dynamics 365/CRM, add this web resource to the Account entity form, then save and publish the changes.
3. Then go to Accounts and open any account record in your Dynamics 365/CRM. Note the new button in the bottom part of the form.
4. Click “Open Resco Mobile CRM App” to open the record in your Resco app.
5. Your Resco app appears and the corresponding account form is automatically displayed
Once the record opens, you can easily verify, whether the details are matching between the two systems.
For more handy tips & tricks, stay tuned to our blog or join us at the first virtual edition of the resco.next conference on November 12, 2020.