You might have heard of resco.next conference we are hosting in Rome in October 2019. If you haven’t, you can find more details here: https://resconext.com. If you have and you are attending, here is an extra activity for you to consider.
Join my colleagues and me on Thursday morning, October 24th for a 5.5km run.
We will start early to make sure we make it back in time. Set your alarm properly as we’re meeting at 6:45am at the A.Roma Hotel. We will stroll down a few quiet streets towards the Villa Doria Pamphili Park–the largest landscaped park in Rome. A short loop there can be a bit hilly but nothing too scary. We will swing by a lake and return back to the hotel mostly retracing our steps. There will be a water and towel service awaiting for all participants. A quick group picture before we go get ready for breakfast and the 9:00am keynote.
You can find more details about the course including a map and elevation chart here:
- Strava: https://www.strava.com/clubs/547858/group_events/568176
- Garmin Connect: https://connect.garmin.com/modern/course/27478100
- GPX file: https://bit.ly/2Zzi72s
If you don’t use any of the above, here is a map. We will stick together as a group though.
I can’t promise this will help you become another Lelisa Desisa or Lawrence Cherono, pictured at the top. (You might have seen their epic finish at the 2019 Boston Marathon: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnH1_vqTEuM.)
I can promise three things though:
- A great start of your day that will leave you energized,
- A big smile at the end of the run,
- An easy conversation starter when you see your fellow runners later at the conference.
Will I see you at 6:45am?
If you are keen to join, please let me know at ivan (at) resco.net.