Microsoft has revealed its new operation system, Windows 8, during BUILD conference last week. Windows 8 is now also available for temporary free installations. In order to install Windows 8, you will need flash drive with at least 4GB capacity. Unfortunately, only a clean install of Windows 8 is available. You will thus have to remove your old OS.
Windows 8 has following system requirements according to Microsoft:
- 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
- 1 gigabyte (GB) RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit)
- 16 GB available hard disk space (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)
- DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM 1.0 or higher driver
- Taking advantage of touch input requires a screen that supports multi-touch
- To run Metro style Apps, you need a screen resolution of 1024 X 768 or greater